- Published: Monday, 11 May 2015 20:30
Aggressive door to door sales people in the Trend Arlington Area.
It is important to understand that not every door to door salesperson is out to scam you; they may in fact represent a legitimate business. Keep your guard up and use the below safety tips to assess if this is a scam or legitimate offer.
What can you do - Safety Tips:
- Request to see their ID and check it closely
- Be wary if they say “We’re from your current water heater provider, utility or local municipality”, “We need to see your current bills”, “We can replace your device free of charge”
- Call the organization they’re representing to verify the information provided to you
- Don’t let them inside your home under any circumstance
- Request a pamphlet be left with you so that you can review it on your own time and make an informed decision. Don’t be pressured to sign a contract on the spot.
- If they are rude or insist on coming into your home, ask them to leave. If they refuse call the police 613-230-6211
If you are uncomfortable with a situation: Say no AND close the door. It is not impolite it is your RIGHT!!
Cst Sue Wright
Greenbank Community Police Centre
1343 Meadowlands Drive
Tel: 613-236-1222, ext. 2179